Focusing on our spiritual self-care is equally important to other types of self-care. It involves activities that nurture our spirit and allow ourselves to reconnect with our higher self and raise awareness of who we truly are.
lthough for many people being spiritual means observing rituals and attending religious services, it is important to make clear that spiritual self-care practices does not have to be religious. In that regard, spirituality is gained when connecting to whatever you consider meaningful and holy and offers many benefits, including better mood, less anxiety and a positive outlook.
Take care of your spirit: try some of the following paths
- Focus on your goals, values and beliefs; How can you make a difference in the world?
- Keep a journal; express your deepest thoughts and feelings
- Read inspiring stories or essays; focus on insights that can enrich your life
- Be open to new experiences; nurture your spirit with nature, music, art or whatever sounds appealing
- Look at what’s good in yourself and others; you’ll find greater peace and joy by focusing on the positive
7 ways to practice Spiritual Self- Care
#1 Meditate for 10 minutes
#2 Volunteer in your community
#3 Take a walk in the park and mindfully observe nature
#4 Do a random act of kindness
#5 Create a vision board
#6 Do something creative
#7 Practice Gratitude