The Maritime and Port Authority of Singapore (MPA) issued a publication which includes important information for Singapore Port Waters as well as the Straits of Malacca and Singapore.
Accordingly, the paper includes quality colour chartlets, showing important maritime information in the Singapore Port Waters as well as the Straits of Malacca and Singapore.
The Singapore Straits are amongst the busiest shipping lanes in the world with hundreds of ships using these waters every day. Similarly, the port of Singapore is one of the busiest ports in the world. Keep in mind that the Port of Singapore remained the world’s top bunkering port with sales amounting to 49.8 million tonnes in 2020, an increase of 5.0% year-on-year.
Thus, the publication, among others, includes essential maritime information including operational information and regulations such as:
- Guide to VHF Communication
- Pilotage Guidelines and Procedures
- Port Clearances and Reporting
- Port facilities and guides to major port entry
- IMO adopted separation schemes, the routeing system in the Straits of Malacca and Singapore
This publication will be useful for mariners, shipping communities, port users and other interested users.
Also, it provides the following:
- Characteristics of all the aids to navigation along the Singapore Strait and Singapore Port Waters
- Catalogue of Nautical Charts.
Concluding, you may learn more about the publication by clicking here.
Leave a Reply