According to Egyptian officials, on 11th June, three British tourists were missing and twelve had been rescued after a motor boat caught fire off Egyptian Red Sea coast.
n particular, the fire was caused by an electrical short circuit on the boat, which was named Hurricane and had been on a trip since 6th June in an area just north of Marsa Alam.
As informed, the survivors were brought to safety in the nearby diving resort of Marsa Shagra, about 21km north of the town of Marsa Alam, along with 12 Egyptian crew and guides.
We saw smoke from the boat, it was around 9km from the beach. A nearby boat rescued them and dropped them off.
..said Ahmed Maher, a diving manager at Marsa Shagra village.
Britain’s Foreign Office said it was in contact with local authorities about the incident and supporting nationals involved.