Pakistan decided to update its guidelines as far as COVID-19 travel restrictions are concerned.
ore specifically, Pakistan abolished Category B and Category C Country Lists with effect from 5 January 2022.
Consequently, the following guidelines will be applicable on inbound travel to Pakistan:
- Mandatory COVID-19 vaccination and possession of proof of COVID-19 vaccination. This is applicable for all passengers above 15 years of age.
- Valid negative PCR Test results conducted within the 48hrs prior to commencement of travel to Pakistan. This is applicable for all passengers above 06 years of age.
On Arrival Guidelines (applicable for all passengers above 6 years old):
- Rapid Antigen Testing upon arrival for all direct flights from Europe.
- Rapid Antigen Testing upon arrival of minimum of 50% inbound flights from KSA, UAE and Qatar.
- Selective Rapid Antigen Testing for all inbound flights other then flights mentioned at (1) and (2) above.
- Any and all passengers with a positive Rapid Antigen Test upon arrival will be quarantined at a self-paid / Government facility for 10 days and a PCR test will be conducted on Day 8 of quarantine.
Pakistanis currently aboard and not vaccinated against COVID-19 for the following reasons are exempted from mandatory COVID-19 vaccination requirement concerning inbound travel to Pakistan subject to production of valid proof of immigration authorities / airline operators:
- Expired Visa or illegal Immigrants / deportees
- Medical conditions / issues
- Pregnant female passengers
- Passengers between 15 to 18 years of age (this exemption is valid until 15 February 2022)