The Maritime and Port Authority of Singapore informs that working VHF channels of Keppel Control and Pasir Panjang Control have been re-designated to VHF 05 and VHF Ch 18, providing additional information concerning VHF reporting methods.
Accordingly, the VHF radiotelephone reporting procedures for vessels manoeuvring in port shall apply to:
- vessels of 300 GT and above;
- tugs engaged in towing or pushing if the combined GT of the tug and tow or vessel(s) being pushed is 300 GT and above;
- all passenger vessels;
- vessels of 30m or more in length;
- vessels of 30m or more in height; and
- all vessels navigating through the port waters in the West Johor Strait reporting sector without calling at the Singapore port.
The reporting sectors include:
East Johor Strait, Keppel Harbour, Cruise Bay, Sinki, Pasir Panjang, West Jurong, West Johor Strait, Eastern and Western Sectors are designated as reporting sectors.
MPA highlights that
Vessel intending to enter, move within or leave a reporting sector shall first call on the appropriate control station and obtain permission to conduct the manoeuvre.
In addition, keep in mind that there are 4 types of reports; Channel Information Report, Arrival Report, Underway Report and West Johor Strait Sector Report.
Depending on the sector in which a vessel is in, every report shall be made to the appropriate control station. 5 All reports made to the designated control stations shall be in English. Timings shall be provided in local time following the 24-hour standard format.
You may learn more in the circular herebelow