Warming up before exercising is crucial to prevent injuries and soreness post work-out.
- Neck tilts
- Neck rotations
- Torso rotations
- Chest expansions
- Sidearm raises
- Arm rotations
- Hip rotations
- Spot hopping
- Side-to-side hopping
This basic 20-minutes workout can be completed anywhere, without the use of equipment.
20 Bodyweight squats
- Get at shoulder-width position;
- Dropdown until thighs are parallel to the ground;
- Come back up.
- Plank up in the air;
- Go all the way down;
- And then back up.
10 Walking lunges (each leg)
- While standing, put hands on hips;
- Take a step forward with your right/left foot;
- Go all the way down just before the other leg’s knee touches the ground;
- Go back up.
10 dumbbell rows (use a milk jug or other weight)
- Put two chairs together;
- Put your had and knee on the chair;
- Pick the weight with your other hand;
- Pull straight back and up;
- Repeat steps with the other hand.
- Get down on the ground;
- Get on your elbows and your toes;
- Put your torso in the air, forming a straight line with your body;
- Keep abs tight;
- Hold on the position for 15 seconds.
30 jumping jacks
- Jump with the legs spread wide and the hands touching overhead;
- Returning to a position with the feet together and the arms at the sides.
- Do this set of exercises two or three times;
- Do this routine 2-3 times a week, but never on consecutive days.