After failing port state control inspections
The United Kingdom detained five foreign ships during July 2011 for failing port state control (PSC) inspections. The annual rate of ships detained following inspections was 3.25 per cent, which was a slight decrease from the previous month.
The detained vessels included:
- The St Kitts and Nevis-flagged Fastrex, detained in Hull for 13 days for six of 14 deficiencies found.
- The Panama-flagged Noblesse, detained for 31 days since 1 June 2011 in Silvertown for seven out of 22 deficiencies found.
- The unregistered Cien Porciento, detained in Lowestoft since 4 March 2010 for seven out of 30 deficiencies found.
- The Kiribati-flagged My Lady Norma, detained in Penzance since 12 October 2010 for one deficiency found.
- The Panama-flagged Most Sky, detained in Birkenhead since 8 November 2010 for four of 12 deficiencies found.