Following the latest updates concerning Chinese ports, the Korean Register issued new updates concerning Chinese ports and shipyards, keeping in mind that the mainland China is facing many challenges due to COVID-19 and the shipping industry has to be cautious.
Shanghai Branch Office
- New Times Shipyard
Access after a Coronavirus Test.
Korean people were not permitted to enter their apartments due to the chinese residents’ opposition. For Korean, hotel reservations are impossible.
- Chengxi Shipyard
All surveyors who returned to China from Korea are allowed to enter the Shipyard after 14 days, while surveys can be partially conducted. For Korean, hotel reservations are impossible
- All docking Shipyards
Work progress will be delayed due to lack of workers.
All surveyors who returned to China from Korea are allowed to enter the Shipyard after 14 days.
For COSCO Shipyard in Changxingdao, Shanghai city, all Surveyors who visit any place outside Shanghai city within 14 days are not allowed to enter the COSCO Shipyard.
- All ports of anchorage
As a result of a consultation with the Shanghai Port Authority, even China’s PSCOs are unable to perform their duties normally at ports. Only permission by local authority can be permitted.
All surveyor who returned to China from Korea are allowed to access the Port after 14 days (some terminals require 30days)
Ningbo Branch Office
- Fujian HuaDong Shipyard
Korean people and vessel coming newly to island is being isolated in specific location during 2 weeks (superintendent, service company from Korea)
Dalian Branch Office
- Shipyard (Docking Shipyard), Shanhaiguan
Every case to be confirmed by local agent or shipyard.
- Nanjing Branch Office, Existing Ship Lianyungang
Restriction on the Road and Hotel Registration. Surveys can be conducted.
However, access procedure in the port is very difficult.
Only One (1) Hotel in Lianyungang is open.
Note of Ningbo Branch Office
- Policy of Chinese government has been changed every day during last few weeks.
- Hotels cannot be reserved for all area covered by Ningbo office
- Until Now, only local people moving permitted between same province
- Passage of shipyard, islands & highways in Ningbo, Zhoushsan area is possible if it is GREEN CODE on health code.
- The PORT ACCESS in Ningbo, Zhoushsan area is permitted. However, since the LOCAL regulations by PORT can be strengthened, it is necessary to check the availability through the agent for cases.
- An agency reply stating that PORTs such as NINGDE, PUTIAN, etc. are not accessible yet (except XIAMEN PORT)
- Working system was changed from permission to report on 2020.2.18
- Entry of the vessel within the last 2 weeks from Korea, Italy, Iran is not permitted for 2 weeks (Include vessel for repairing)
Explore more herebelow