SAFETY4SEA is pleased to announce the distinguished shortlisted nominees for the CAREER4SEA-EUROPORT Awards, following an online nomination process, initiated a few months ahead of leading international exhibition that will take place in Rotterdam, November 7-10, 2023.
AREER4SEA – EUROPORT Awards ceremony is due on 8th November to honor organizations that have contributed towards Crew Welfare, Diversity & Inclusion and Education as well as individuals (New Generation and Personality Awards) that have achieved a remarkable career milestone in shipping or acting as a role model to attract new talents.
The online voting process has started at https://europort.safety4sea.com/career4sea-europort-awards/ where participants can cast their votes online up to 15th of September, 2023. The winners will be the ones attracted the most online votes and the results will be announced at the following dates:
Nominations shortlisted for the 2023 CAREER4SEA – EUROPORT Awards include the following organisations per category:
Crew Welfare Award
To be awarded to an organization that provided a significant achievement, breakthrough or contribution in any aspect of crew welfare in shipping
- Global Seaways has been nominated for providing high quality crew management, manning and training services as well as a variety of medical services and PEME Packages.
- ISWAN has been nominated for its continuous work to improve the lives of seafarers and their families with services, resources, strategies and advocacy and the 24×7 free of cost SeafarerHelp helpline.
- KVH Industries has been nominated for supporting crew welfare for seafarers around the world with a continued focus on connectivity technology, services, and content.
- Magsaysay has been nominated for prioritizing crew welfare in its programs. Magsaysay supports seafarers and their families and offers opportunities for maritime education and training.
- OneCare Solutions has been nominated for providing a health and wellbeing platform since 2022, that offers a collection of health and wellbeing services, trainings, recruitment, and medical supplies.
- VIKAND has been nominated for its ‘OneHealth’ service, a holistic approach to seafarer health and happiness which seeks to improve physical & mental health, nutrition, safety, productivity and more.
Diversity & Inclusion Award
To be awarded to an organization that planned/delivered a program or promoted in any way the Diversity & Inclusion agenda
- Captains without Borders has been nominated for empowering the next generation of seafarers to foster a diverse, equitable, and inclusive maritime industry towards a sustainable future
- Maritime UK has been nominated for launching the ‘Diversity in Maritime’ programme which aims to promote a fair, equal and inclusive UK maritime industry that embraces diversity.
- TURTLE has been nominated for promoting a holistic approach on Diversity, Equity & Inclusion (DEI) with research and services for companies within maritime, to help them ensure employee diversity.
- WESS project, developed by ECSA & ETF, has been nominated for implementing several activities to enhance women’s participation in EU shipping and address the impact of digitalization on the workforce.
- WISTA International has been nominated for advancing gender equality and empowering women within the maritime and trading industries; it has recently gained approval as an Observer by the UNCTAD.
To be awarded to an organization (University, Maritime Academy or other institution) that has advanced maritime education in any aspect, acting as an industry leader developing younger generations in shipping
- FMTC Safety has been nominated for providing a safety training center for certified Maritime training (STCW), Offshore training (OPITO & NOGEPA), Wind training (GWO) and Industry training.
- Maritime Academy Holland has been nominated for providing training and education programs for professional fishermen, personnel for inland shipping and seafarers for all forms of waterway transport.
- Maritime Institute Willem Barentsz has been nominated for providing programmes for masters and chief engineers, as well as hydrographic surveyors, featuring a highly equipped simulator training centre.
- STC Maritime & Logistics University of applied sciences, has been nominated for providing specialized educational programs for shipping such as a Dutch Bachelor programme in Maritime Technology.
- World Maritime University has been nominated for playing a significant role in maritime and ocean education, research, capacity-building and economic development while promoting the roles of women in the maritime and ocean sectors.
New Generation & Personality Award
There are no nominees shortlisted for this Award. After consideration and review of a list of “Editor’s Pick” nominees, the SAFETY4SEA & EUROPORT Team will announce the winners during the awards presentation. These are special category awards for any individual person that provided industry leadership and contributed towards crew welfare excellence throughout his/her career.
After their successful partnership in 2019, SAFETY4SEA & Europort have – once again this year – joined forces to present a total of 15 Awards at special events during the exhibition days.
SAFETY4SEA is Fostering Sustainable Shipping for more than 14 years, hosting the leading safety4sea.com, (200k visitors monthly) producing monthly magazines & tailored publications (100k p.a. circ. onboard & ashore) & Industry Surveys along with e-mail, video & social media, delivering SAFETY4SEA, GREEN4SEA, SMART4SEA, CAREER4SEA & Crew Welfare Week Forums & Awards globally.
Europort, organized in the world port city of Rotterdam, is the international maritime meeting place for innovative technology and complex shipbuilding. Europort has a strong focus on ‘high-tech’ ships such as dredging vessels, naval vessels, workboats, inland navigation vessels, offshore support vessels and super yachts. With 25,000 professional visitors and over 1,00 exhibiting companies Europort belongs to the world’s largest maritime meeting & knowledge sharing B2B platforms. In the past decades, Europort has grown into one of the world’s largest maritime B2B knowledge and meeting places. In 2023, Europort will celebrate its 41st edition.