For this reason, the UK Chamber of Shipping will launch Tidal Tuesday on 6th of March. Tidal Tuesday aims to inform schools, colleges and youth groups across the UK regarding the opportunities at sea available to young people and the lifelong career prospects offered by the maritime industry.
In order for Tidal Tuesday to spread its message, here are five things than can promote this day:
- Take youngsters onboard: A guided tour for a local school or youth group is recommended.
- Show them around: In an office tour, children can see the systems, machinery and personnel that are used to keep passengers, crew and cargo safely afloat.
- Set out your stall: Tidal Tuesday is part of National Careers Week, during which many jobs and careers fairs will be held around the country. A stall can be a good solution.
- Tell your story: Sea stories can present a colourful, exciting and fulfilling image about shipping industry.
- Get Social: If none of the above is possible, social media can be proven useful with the hashtag #tidaltuesday and by sharing Careers at Sea content.