Held at the International Labour Labour Organisation in Geneva
The winners of the 201 International Seafarers’ Welfare Awards were announced last night during a high profile ceremony at the International Labour Labour Organisation in Geneva.
The ceremoney, which took place on the opening night ofthe Maritime Labour Convention tripartite meeting, was hosted by Mr Michael Grey, ex Editor of Lloyds List and attended by a number of key players in the industry including Mr Arthur Bowring, Managing Director of the Hong Kong Ship Owners Association and Mr David Cockroft, General Secretary of the International Transport Workers Federation.
The winners are :
- Port of the Year : The Port of Antwerp, Belgium
- Seafarers Centre of the Year : Duckdalben International Seamen’s Club, Hamburg
- Shipping Company of the Year : Wilhelmsen Ship Management, Norway & Malaysia
- Welfare Personality of the Year : Reverend Peter Ellis of Hong Kong & Mrs Paddy Percival of Durban, South Africa
- Judge’s Special Prize for Outstanding Services to Seafarers Welfare : Dr Suresh Idnani, India