SAFETY4SEA is pleased to announce the distinguished shortlisted nominees for the 2022 SAFETY4SEA Awards, following an online nomination process, initiated a few months ahead of the 2022 SAFETY4SEA Forum, a virtual event that will take place 19-20 October.
https://events.safety4sea.com/2022-safety4sea-virtual-awards/ where participants can cast their votes online up to 2nd of September 2022. The winners will be the ones attracted the most online votes and the results will be announced on day 1 of the event, on October 19th .hese prestigious awards aim to recognize organizations within the maritime industry that foster Safety Excellence & Sustainable Shipping. The online voting process has started at
Nominations shortlisted for the 2022 SAFETY4SEA Awards include the following organizations per award category:
SAFETY4SEA Dry Bulk Operator Award
Award nominated to any ship operator of bulk carriers, or general dry cargo vessels that demonstrated safety excellence and performance above average in any aspect of maritime activity
- Atlantic Bulk Carriers Management Ltd. has been nominated for establishing safe operating practices and providing safe and healthy working conditions for people onboard and ashore.
- C Transport Maritime S.A.M. (CTM) has been nominated for establishing an innovative strategy based on ‘Going Forward Together’ which is the vision that CTM has since its formation.
- Golden Union Shipping CO. S.A. has been nominated for providing ship management services that meet, or even exceed, safety requirements with focus on human health and crew welfare.
- MMS Co., Ltd. has been nominated for focusing on increased safety awareness among its seafarers by expanding the scope of education, including a training center in Manila and a cadet training ship.
- Orion Reederei GmbH & Co. KG has been nominated for having an excellent track record in port state control inspections, focusing on internal training sessions, forums and effective communication.
- Polaris Shipping has been nominated for focusing on growth through constant improvements and a strong safety culture, maintaining an effective SQEHM System.
SAFETY4SEA Tanker Operator Award
Award nominated to any ship operator of oil or chemical tankers, or gas carriers that demonstrated safety excellence and performance above average in any aspect of maritime activity
- EXMAR Ship Management has been nominated for transforming from a traditional shipping company into an innovation driven gas energy provider with high safety record for people onboard and ashore
- LSC Group has been nominated for committing to continuous health, safety, environmental and quality performance by continual improvement of the effectiveness of its HSEQ management system.
- Maran Gas Maritime Inc. has been nominated for placing the health of its employees among its top priorities, seeking to ensure healthy and hygienic conditions for all shore staff and seagoing personnel.
- Norstar Ship Management Pte Ltd has been nominated for delivering safe, efficient, and reliable services to its partners, contributing to a positive social and environmental impact.
- Stealth Maritime Corporation S.A. has been nominated for managing a diversified fleet of Aframaxes, product tankers, stainless steel tankers, and LPG carriers with high safety record.
- Zodiac Maritime has been nominated for showing professionalism and dedication to its sea and shore-based staff, providing exciting and rewarding career opportunities for growth and self development.
SAFETY4SEA Sustainability Award
Award nominated to any organization that contributed towards sustainable shipping
- ABS has been nominated for promoting innovation and creativity with the establishment of its Global Sustainability Center in Singapore that brings together industry and academia working hand-in-hand towards a sustainable future.
- Columbia Shipmanagement has been nominated for investing in sustainability and ensuring it is leading the way for other companies to follow suit by adhering to ISO standards, the 17 UN SDGs, embracing diversity and supporting sustainability practices and events among other actions.
- European Maritime Safety Agency (EMSA) has been nominated for celebrating 20 years of action towards maritime sustainability, surveillance, safety, security, simplification, digitalization, and capacity-building.
- Odfjell SE has been nominated for supporting sustainability with ESG reporting and ESG communication. Odfjell was the first company in the maritime industry to issue a Sustainability Linked Bond while it recently signed the FUTURE-PROOF initiative in support of human rights.
- Sustainable Shipping Initiative (SSI) has been nominated for launching a seafarers’ rights and welfare Code of Conduct in partnership with the Institute for Human Rights and Business (IHRB) and in collaboration with the Rafto Foundation for Human Rights.
SAFETY4SEA Training Award
Award nominated to any organization that provided a significant achievement or breakthrough or significant contribution in any aspect of maritime training
- CSMART Arison Maritime Center has been nominated for expanding its training portfolio to include an online and onboard curriculum and remote usage of its simulation technology. CSMART continues to focus on maritime skills and the advancement of a lifelong learning philosophy across the fleet.
- OneLearn Global has been nominated for developing a portal that projects life-size holograms into remote classrooms, with the aim to transform the way live courses and eLearning programmes are run for mariners on shore or at sea.
- Seably has been nominated for gathering specialized content, immersive experiences, virtual training, cutting-edge technology and teaching skills from experts and providing affordable and free virtual access to the latest training for real-life learning.
- SeaBot Maritime has been nominated for developing a tailor made eLearning solution to SBM Offshore that was easily accessed by crew operating onboard a vessel and further enhanced SBM Offshore’s excellent safety record.
- Wärtsilä Voyage has been nominated for launching Smart Realities which is a cost-effective, easily scalable, and fully immersive extended reality training that allow mariners to develop their skills and encounter realistic true-to-life scenarios in a virtual risk-free environment.
SAFETY4SEA Technology Award
Award nominated to any organization that provided a significant technological achievement or breakthrough or significant contribution in any aspect of maritime safety activity
- Bigyellowfish has been nominated for providing a safety engagement and behavioral risk management platform aimed at achieving crew wellness onboard both in terms of physical and mental well-being with the use of artificial intelligence and data analytics.
- HiLo Maritime Risk Management has been nominated for delivering safety performance analysis through advanced data analytics and machine learning, creating a culture of shared knowledge and collaboration that helps the shipping industry to achieve enhanced safety.
- NAPA has been nominated for launching NAPA Stability which creates a multi-user environment, allowing for the monitoring of stability and safety conditions in real-time, and creating shared situational awareness between crew on board and shoreside teams.
- SOL-X Pte. Ltd. has been nominated for its SAFEVUE.ai which augments Safety Management Systems by improving safety outcomes, “human reliability” and safety workflow automation. As part of a vessel SMS, it improves visibility and enhances operational procedures and situational awareness.
- Survitec has been nominated for launching the ‘Seahaven Advanced Evacuation System’ to cruise ships owners and builders with Type Approval by Lloyds Register after successfully completing ship sinking scenario and a timed evacuation in less than 22 minutes.
SAFETY4SEA Initiative Award
Award nominated to any organization or association that sparked, realized, or significantly contributed in any initiative fostering safer and sustainable shipping
- Inmarsat has been nominated for launching the second edition of its ‘Future of Maritime Safety’ report which provides insights into safety trends from GMDSS data gathered between 2019-2021 and reveals patterns at a local and global level towards a safer future for the shipping industry.
- International Marine Contractors Association (IMCA) has been nominated for publishing IMCA Safety Flashes which are an important tool for sharing lessons learned. All submissions are handled in confidence, with information anonymized, checked before issue and published only with permission.
- International Maritime Pilots’ Association (IMPA) has been nominated for conducting annually its ‘Pilot Ladder Safety Campaign’ with the objective of reporting pilots’ experiences of ladders and boarding equipment to the IMO and the wider shipping community.
- Safetytech Accelerator has been nominated for providing the world’s first accelerator for the maritime industry. Established by Lloyd’s Register, it works with clients and cutting-edge tech companies to solve important safety and risk challenges.
- Seafarers’ Hospital Society has been nominated for launching research with Yale University and Lloyd’s Register Foundation, calling on shipping companies to develop a culture of care and investigating the effectiveness of the various initiatives taken for seafarers’ health and safety
SAFETY4SEA Personality & Leadership Awards
There are no nominees shortlisted for this Award. After consideration and review of a list of “Editor’s Pick” nominees, the SAFETY4SEA Team will announce the winners during the awards presentation. These are special category awards for any individual person that provided industry leadership and contributed towards crew welfare excellence throughout his/her career.