To remind, recently the Philippines opened the first "Green Lane" in order to facilitate free movement and safe travel across borders for seafarers in Asia.
The protocols cover the standards and procedures for the following situations:
- Filipino Seafarers Joining a Ship Docked in the Philippines or Overseas (Outbound)
- Filipino Seafarers Leaving a Ship (Inbound)
- Special Procedures for Filipino Seafarers Leaving a Cruise Ship Docked in Philippine Seaports
- Filipino Seafarers Transiting in the Philippines (Airport/Terminal to Airport/Terminal)
- Foreign Seafarers Joining a Ship Docked in the Philippine Seaport from the Airport (Airport to Ship)
- Foreign Seafarers Leaving a Ship Docked in Philippine Seaport to an Airport (Ship to Airport)
- Foreign Seafarers Transiting in the Philippines (Airport/Terminal to Airport/Terminal)
It is stated that the protocols are in line with the circulars issued by the International Maritime Organization (IMO).
The procedures to be followed henceforth are in line with the existing health protocols handed out by all governmental units for a crew change, as well as that of the International Maritime Organization. The Filipino government has tasked the Department of Transportation(DOTr) for port evaluation, for the purpose of authorizing them as major hubs for a crew change.