The overall figures shared by MPA reveal a slight decrease year-on-year in vessels arrivals, but an increase in cargo throughput. Specifically:
- The number of vessels arriving in April were 11,243, while in March were 11.509, decreasing by 6.2% Y-O-Y;
- The number of vessel arrivals by gross tonnage were 226.03, decreasing by 7,3% Y-O-Y;
- The container throughput was 2.99 million TEUs, increasing by 2.6%;
- The cargo throughput reached the 53.81 million tonnes, experiencing an increase of 3.5%;
- The bunker sales reduced by 12.3%, reaching the 3.71 million tonnes, a further decrease from the 4.09 million tonnes in March.