The advantages of promoting positive mental health through organizational strategies go beyond simple compliance with health and safety requirements, resulting in vast improvements in both employee wellbeing and overall work efficiency.
trategies like bringing counselors on-site, offering digital counseling and online resources and reducing the stigma of mental health seem to be increasingly gaining ground amid a generally bigger shift towards wellness at work.
Key things to watch while developing a mental health strategy could be the following:
1. Identify needs by:
- Reviewing existing policies;
- Analyzing existing data;
- Seeking feedback from staff and other interesting parties.
2. Develop the plan by:
- Identifying exact goals;
- Identifying need for external collaborations;
- Focusing on improving understanding.
3. Review and improve by:
- Seeking feedback again;
- Reviewing strategy and programs against baseline goals;
- Amending and adjusting where required.
During the process, always have in mind to: