According to Permian, trading oil and gas is nowadays facing several barriers such as:
- complexity and slow procedures due to financial barriers to entry and prohibitive upfront costs;
- "radio silence" in case of problems that result to a lack of transparency between investors and companies;
- low incentives for a company to remain engaged;
- lack of liquidity because of long investment holding periods.
However, the 'Permian Token' aims to alter these disadvantages. To this result the system aspires to:
- Allow suppliers to purchase coins from within the suppliers’ closed-loop-B2B-exchange;
- Assist suppliers in controlling coin supply and monetize reserves & future supply;
- Benefit the buyers by purchasing and exchanging crude oil value through direct fulfillment from suppliers ;
- Give the community direct equity-like benefits ;
- Decentralize direct investments with a trust-protocol for stakeholders.
Until now, the PermianChain has established 250 million barrels of potential oil reserves on its platform.