Bureu Veritas launched a digital application to help crewmembers prepare for port state control (PSC) inspections, called “PSC Ready”. Specifically, PSC Ready assists ship operators be ready for port state control inspections. ‘PSC Ready’ is a cloud-based application, downloadable for both IOS and Android.
The application aims to increase focus on all the requirements needed to be ready for PSC inspections. The app features the following characteristics:
- Help to ensure compliance with applicable requirements;
- Enhance of ship maintenance by developing crews’ awareness of safety, environmental and employment requirements;
- Opportunity to improve PSC performance worldwide;
- Training to detect, correct and avoid deficiencies ;
- Access to statistics, data and news on PSC developments ;
- ‘Check offline, report online’ functionality recognizing that data connections cannot always be available on-board.
- New Bureau Veritas App, PSC Ready, helps ship managers and crews prepare for Port State Control inspections.
The application enables PSC awareness to be shared across a company’s fleet, the analysis of records with management and clients and the promotion of awareness of specific PSC concentrated inspection campaigns.