E-NAVIGATION UNDERWAY 2013 presents recent developments
On 29 January 2013, Denmark’s largest cruise ship, M/S PEARL SEAWAYS, departs Copenhagen. During the next three days, those on board will attend a number of presentations on e-Navigation in 2013.
At the conference, they will, inter alia, learn more about:
- IMO E-Navigation Strategy Implementation Plan in 2014 – where are we now?
- How do we benefit from industrial innovation?
- What are the benefits and risks of electronic devices in shipping?
- Costs of e-Navigation: necessary infrastructure, services, communications … Who will pay?
- E-Navigation drivers – regulation or market forces?
- Maritime Spatial Planning and e-Navigation – how do they marry?
- What’s new from the test beds?
- How to ensure best decision support afloat and ashore?
- How can we provide users the information they need when they need it?
- How can ship and shore users work effectively together?
- E-Navigation challenges the boundaries of the involved international organizations; how can the cooperation be made effective?