ABS published its Quarterly Report on Port State Control (PSC), providing information to Owners/Managers on deficiencies identified during inspections carried out by the various PSC regimes globally during the 4th Quarter of 2022.
Top Categories for Grounds for Detention
For the period 1 October 2022, to 31 December 2022, the top categories for Port State Control (PSC) detentions on ABS vessels in the Paris Memorandum of Understanding (MoU), Tokyo MoU and the United States Coast Guard (USCG) database are the following:
- Emergency fire pump and its pipes
- Auxiliary engine
- Nautical publications
- Voyage or passage plan
- Fire pumps and its pipes
- Remote Means of control (opening, pumps, ventilation, etc.) Machinery spaces
- Oil accumulation in engine room
For the Paris MoU, Tokyo MoU and USCG, there were 392 vessels detained. Of those detained vessels, 25 vessels were classed by ABS. One of the ABS detained
vessel shows in both Paris MoU and Tokyo MoU. ABS assisted the owner/operator to address the deficencies so that the PSC detention could be lifted allowing the vessel to sail.
Top Countries where ABS Vessels were Detained
The table below shows the breakdown of the countries where the 25 ABS vessels were detained. ABS assisted each owner/operator to address the deficencies so that the PSC detention could be lifted and the vessel could sail.
Top Categories for Deficiencies
For the period Oct. 1, 2022, to Dec. 31, 2022, the top categories for deficiencies on ABS vessels that had Port State Control (PSC) interventions are:
- Propulsion main engine
- Other (machinery)
- Electric equipment in general
- Auxiliary engine
- Other (fire safety)
- Lights, shapes, sound signals
- Means of control (openings, pumps) Machinery spaces
- Emergency source of power – Emergency generator
- Steering gear
- Hull damage impairing seaworthiness
- Fire detection
- Fixed fire extinguishing installation
- Emergency lighting, batteries and switches
- Gauges, thermometers, etc.
- Rescue boats
- Other (cargo)
- Sewage treatment plan
- Fire doors/openings in fire-resisting divisions
- Steam pipes, pressure pipes, wires (insulation)
Top Countries for Interventions on ABS Vessels
For the period Oct. 1, 2022, to Dec. 31, 2022, the top countries are listed in the table below where ABS had PSC interventions identified.
Leave a Reply