Dredging works will be carried out by grab dredgers, supported by hopper barges and pusher tugs.
The grab dredgers will be held in position by spuds-systems within the working area.
The safety zone is a circular area of 250m radius centered at the dredger.
A safety boat will be deployed to warn other craft in the vicinity of the working area.
When in the vicinity of the working area, the Authority reminded mariners to:
- Keep well clear of the working area;
- Maintain a proper lookout;
- Proceed at a safe speed and to navigate with caution;
- Maintain a listening watch on VHF Channel 22 (Jurong Control); and
- Communicate with Jurong Control on VHF Channel 22 for assistance, if required.