New ITF maritime union resource
Winning a better deal for women is the title of the ITF’s new union resource, the women’s best practice guide, which has received ‘rave reviews’ from delegates during maritime union meetings this week.
The guide, developed off the back of a survey of affiliate unions around the world, focuses on issues below:
- the importance of organising women working in maritime industries;
- challenges for unions representing maritime women;
- pursuing women’s issues through collective bargaining;
- representing women in union structures; and
- leadership and strategies for increasing women’s participation in unions
You may view the guidehere
Find out more about the work of the ITF women’s departmenthere.