Britannia Club informed that operators are not always clear about the most effective procedure to follow in the event of an incident which is covered under their ship’s P&I policy.
he following are examples of incidents typically covered under P&I insurance:
- People risks (crew illness and injury, including third party injuries) or stowaways
- Damage to property / fixed and floating objects (FFO)
- Cargo loss or damage
First notifications procedure
Britannia recommends that the procedure below is followed in the event of a P&I incident:
- The master/officer should, in the first instance, contact the Club’s local correspondent located at the port where the ship is berthed, anchored, approaching or departing.
After that The following information should be provided to the local correspondent:
- Name of ship
- Where the ship is located
- Owners of the ship and where they are based
- Local ship agents’ details (including contact details e.g. mobile number)
- The basic details of the P&I problem/incident
- Ship’s contact phone number and email address