The International Maritime Organization (IMO) promotes a series of explanatory videos on the Energy Efficiency eXisting Ship Index (EEXI), developed by Global Industry Alliance to Support Low Carbon Shipping (Low Carbon GIA) and Arcsilea Ltd.
Carbon Intensity Indicator (CII) series, this 3 part video series aims to provide an overview of EEXI as well as to raise awareness and increase understanding by providing explainers of what is in the regulation as well as how to apply, and where to look for more information about it.fter the
1. An Introduction to EEXI
- The need for EEXI
- The similarities and differences between EEXI and EEDI
- Where to find the regulations and guidelines pertaining to EEXI
2. Compliance Options
- The main compliance options for EEXI
- The different category of innovative technologies
- The survey and certification process
- How to calculate the required EEXI
- How to calculate the attained EEXI
- How to apply an overridable power limitation in the attained EEXI calculation
There is also a quiz for interested parties to test their knowledge of EEXI here.