Life-saving rules aspire to raise awareness and ensure safe practices for preventing life-threatening injuries. The life-saving rules apply to all workers and partners involved with Wärtsilä's operations or visiting its premises.
Namely, Wärtsilä has concluded on ten rules, which are the following:
- Work with a valid work permit / JSA when needed;
- Verify isolation when working on energized systems;
- Always use equipment that is fit to its intended purpose;
- Ensure safe conditions before entering a confined space;
- Protect yourself against a fall when working at height;
- Obtain authorization before overriding or disabling safety critical equipment;
- Stay out from under suspended load;
- Wear appropriate personal protective equipment;
- Wear your seat belt;
- Comply with road safety rules.
We have Zero tolerance regarding breaches of Life-Saving Rules, and each Wärtsilä local company has a disciplinary procedure in place to address safety violations
In addition, Wärtsilä has created a test to see if people can choose the right life-saving rule to be applied in different situations.