US Coast Guard crews searched around 158 square-nautical miles for about 18 hours but were unable to find the missing person.
US Coast Guard Sector New Orleans watchstanders had received a notification of the 54-foot inspected towing vessel Seattle Slew capsizing in the Mississippi River near Myrtle Grove Fleet.
At the time of the incident, the boat had three people on board. Two of them were recovered, while one is missing.
The following were involved in the search and rescue operation:
- Coast Guard Air Station New Orleans MH-65 Dolphin helicopter crew;
- Coast Guard Station Venice 45-foot Response Boat-Medium boat crew;
- Plaquemines Parish Sheriff’s Department marine asset crew;
- Plaquemines Port Harbor and Terminal District boatcrew;
- Louisiana Department of Wildlife and Fisheries.