Total Terminals International (TTI) recently achieved a new record, marking the highest volume of container movements at Pier T in Port of Long Beach.
Namely, container ship MSC Sveva’s arrival also offered its contribution to the total container volume record.
In fact, TTI managed to handle 17.080 containers, the equivalent of 30,744 TEU, the highest volume ever achieved in North America.
This achievement is set in the context of a market that has been significantly impacted by the COVID-19 situation, with import container volumes in the San Pedro bay decreasing almost 13% during the first quarter of 2020.
What is more, MSC Sveva was operated with 7 ship-to-shore cranes, handling at peak moments more than 250 containers per hour.
We are motivated by the opportunity to service these mega-class vessels while continuing to provide the level of service our customers expect and deserve. It is exciting to see the commitment MSC has made in this market and TTI is committed to seamless operational execution for all of our supply chain partners.
….Dan Bergman, Vice President of Operations at TTI commented.
Concluding, TTI is 80% owned by Terminal Investment Limited (TiL), a subsidiary of MSC Group, with the remaining 20% owned by Hyundai Merchant Marine CO.
Leave a Reply