- On 13 April, four robbers boarded a containership after it moored at Apapa, Lagos, Nigeria. They were spotted by crew who raised the alarm. The robbers escaped with ship’s stores and property.
- On 22 May, around 140nm South of Lome, Togo, seven pirates in a skiff came alongside a drifting product tanker and tried to board via the poop deck. Alert duty crew spotted the pirates and raised the alarm resulting in the pirates aborting the boarding attempt and the skiff moving away. All crew were safe. Master reported a suspicious vessel in the vicinity from which the pirates could have approached his vessel.
- On 23 May, while at Lagos Anchorage, Nigeria, duty crew onboard an anchored product tanker noticed robbers onboard the ship and raised the alarm, resulting in the robbers escaping empty handed.
- On 25 May, at Lagos Anchorage, Nigeria, two robbers in a small boat approached and boarded an anchored product tanker conducting STS operations. Duty watchman noticed the robbers near the forward cargo oil tanks with a hose and raised the alarm. OOW immediately sounded the ship’s horn and crew mustered. Seeing the crew alertness, the robbers aborted their attempt to steal cargo and escaped. The Nigerian Navy boat patrolling the anchorage was notified. Nothing reported stolen.
- On 26 May, seven robbers boarded a ro-ro ship berthed at Lagos, Nigeria. They took the duty crew member hostage, tied him up and took his radio, and then stole ship’s stores. The alarm was raised and the robbers escaped.
- On 3 June, two robbers boarded a bulk carrier anchored at Lagos, Nigeria. They were spotted by the onboard armed security guard, who fired a warning shot. The robbers escaped with ship’s stores.
- On 13 June, robbers boarded a supply vessel while at Takoradi anchorage, Ghana. Alarm raised. Seeing alerted crew the robbers escaped.
- On 18 May, five robbers armed with knives boarded a bulk carrier anchored at Tarahan, Indonesia. They took the duty crew member hostage, tied him up and threatened him with knives. The alarm was raised, the ship’s horn sounded and the crew mustered. The robbers escaped with ship’s property and engine spares.
- On 23 May, three robbers tried to board a tanker anchored at Puerto Jose, Venezuela. The alarm was raised and the robbers abandoned the attempted boarding.