SAFETY4SEA is pleased to announce the distinguished shortlisted nominees for the GREEN4SEA-EUROPORT Awards, following an online nomination process, initiated a few months ahead of leading international exhibition that will take place in Rotterdam, November 7-10, 2023.
https://europort.safety4sea.com/green4sea-europort-awards/ where participants can cast their votes online up to 15th of September, 2023. The winners will be the ones attracted the most online votes and the results will be announced at the following dates:REEN4SEA – EUROPORT Awards ceremony is due on 8th November to honor organizations that have contributed towards Clean Shipping, Energy Transition, Technology, Initiative and Ship Design. The online voting process has started at
Nominations shortlisted for the 2023 GREEN4SEA – EUROPORT Awards include the following organisations per category:
Clean Shipping Award
To be awarded to an organization that promoted the enviromental agenda and contributed towards cleaner shipping
- Aquametro Oil & Marine AG has been nominated for specializing in Fuel Management, offering intelligent measuring systems in the marine market.
- Chugoku Paints BV has been nominated for offering innovative coating technologies that protect vessels from severe marine condition.
- ERMA FIRST has been nominated for its BLUE CONNECT which is a revolutionary Alternative Maritime Power (AMP) – or shore power – solution that supports cleaner ship operations.
- Jotun has been nominated for its HullKeeper which is a unique programme and progressive solution that enables optimized hull performance regardless of the applied coating through hull condition monitoring.
- Marichem Marigases Worldwide Services has been nominated for providing high quality marine chemicals and coatings that support sustainable shipping.
- PPG Coatings Europe BV has been nominated for providing a wide range of antifouling products, engineered to protect ships at new-build and/or dry dock and reduction their environmental footprint.
Energy Transition Award
To be awarded to an organization that provided a significant achievement, breakthrough or contribution in any aspect of energy transition in shipping
- Auramarine has been nominated for its Auramarine Methanol Supply Unit that supplies methanol from service tank to Master Fuel Valve, regulating the flow, pressure and temperature of the methanol.
- Goltens Green Technologies b.v. has been nominated for being a leading provider of Ballast Water Treatment Retrofit, with over 700 projects completed or underway to help owners achieve compliance.
- Panasia has been nominated for its PANASIA’s De-SOx system “PaSOx”, which is an air quality solution that reduces sulfur dioxide emissions caused by the burning of fuels.
- SKF has been nominated for its SKF Marine Condition Monitoring Solutions that optimize ship’s operation with condition-based maintenance.
- VAF Instruments B.V. has been nominated for its ViscoSense®3D, which is a highly accurate sensor that offers density, viscosity and temperature measurements, based on VAF’s proven technology.
To be awarded to an organization that provided a significant technological achievement or contribution in any environmental aspect in shipping
- Artemis Technologies has been nominated for its Artemis eFoiler® electric propulsion system, a revolutionary design developed to help decarbonize and shape the future of maritime
- Dredge Yard has been nominated for its Electric Close Blades Cutter Head, powered by high-torque electric motors, that drastically reduce the environmental footprint of dredging operations
- PortXchange has been nominated for its EmissionInsider, a revolutionary platform designed to support ports worldwide in their efforts to track and measure emissions, launched in Port of Rotterdam
- RWO has been nominated for its CleanSewage Membrane Reactor (CS-MBR), a unique, next generation technology that reaches new standards in protecting marine environment from sewage.
- Wärtsilä has been nominated for its Fit4Fuels, an innovative and patented engine combustion technology platform that enables main engines to operate on clean-burning future fuels.
To be awarded to an organization that sparked, realised or significantly contributed with a specific initiative towards greener shipping
- Accelleron Industries has been nominated for advancing turbocharging with the launch of the next generation X300-L low-speed series.
- MAN Energy Solutions has been nominated for developing a fuel-flexible, two-stroke ammonia engine as a key technology in the maritime energy transition
- OSM Thome has been nominated for examining how to convert container vessels to operate on green methanol through a pilot and feasibility study in partnership with SinOceanic Shipping.
- Rolls-Royce Solutions GmbH has been nominated for investing in methanol engines, fuel cell concepts, hybrid systems, diesel engines with exhaust aftertreatment to support industry’s journey to net zero.
- Shell LNG has been nominated for investing in LNG bunkering, completing more than 1,000 LNG bunkering operations.
Ship Design Award
To be awarded to an organization that provided a significant achievement, breakthrough or contribution in any aspect of Environmental Friendly Ship Design in shipping
- ABB has been nominated for its ABB Dynafin™ which is an industry-first electric propulsion concept that mimics the movements of a whale tail for ultimate efficiency, enabling new vessel designs
- C-Job Naval Architects has been nominated for developing a software program, in cooperation with VIKTOR, that optimizes the hull design process, making it up to two times faster.
- Damen Shipyards has been nominated for the pioneering Damen Multi Buster 8020, a multi purpose offshore vessel, with diesel electric propulsion and a Cleanship and Green Passport.
- Foreship Ltd has been nominated for participating in the design of a 15kTEU ammonia-powered container vessel, which has received an AiP from ABS.
- Nordic Innovation has been nominated for introducing the Nordic Green Ammonia-Powered Ships (NoGAPS) vessel design for the commercialization of the M/S NoGAPS gas carrier with 22,000 m3 cargo capacity.
After their successful partnership in 2019, SAFETY4SEA & Europort have – once again this year – joined forces to present a total of 15 Awards at special events during the exhibition days.
SAFETY4SEA is Fostering Sustainable Shipping for more than 14 years, hosting the leading safety4sea.com, (200k visitors monthly) producing monthly magazines & tailored publications (100k p.a. circ. onboard & ashore) & Industry Surveys along with e-mail, video & social media, delivering SAFETY4SEA, GREEN4SEA, SMART4SEA, CAREER4SEA & Crew Welfare Week Forums & Awards globally.
Europort, organized in the world port city of Rotterdam, is the international maritime meeting place for innovative technology and complex shipbuilding. Europort has a strong focus on ‘high-tech’ ships such as dredging vessels, naval vessels, workboats, inland navigation vessels, offshore support vessels and super yachts. With 25,000 professional visitors and over 1,00 exhibiting companies Europort belongs to the world’s largest maritime meeting & knowledge sharing B2B platforms. In the past decades, Europort has grown into one of the world’s largest maritime B2B knowledge and meeting places. In 2023, Europort will celebrate its 41st edition.