Specifically, to ensure the safety of the crew and all vessels and allow navies to afford best protection to global trade it is vital:
- Masters register with UK Maritime Trade Operations (UKMTO) when entering the Indian Ocean VRA (Ref C & D).
- Comply with Flag State Guidance.
- 24-48 hrs in advance - Masters provide transit plans for the SoH and AG to UKMTO including:
o Time of Entering/Exiting the SoH TSS.
o Outline of Navigation Plan whilst operating in SoH and AG.
o Any constraints or speed restrictions.
o Crew Nationality.
- CSO’s ensure all contact numbers for UKMTO and USNAVCENT NCAGS are correct.
- In the event of any incident or being concerned, Masters should call UKMTO immediately.
- Masters answer all VHF calls from coalition navies. Ch16 is becoming very busy, alternative channels will be offered.
- CSOs and Masters prepare, print and have available the correct response if called on VHF.
Moreover, UKMTO will be in position to discuss with navies and answer questions regarding information sharing.
To explore more, click on the PDF herebelow