Specifically, PSA informs that an overall of 190 devices were missing heating cables and insulation.
The situation was serious and uncertain, that;s why Equinor halted operations and proceeded to a repair program.
Yet, surveys conducted earlier by the company had identified the condition of these valves, without their weaknesses being corrected.
The PSA’s investigation is now underway, and the police have been informed that it is being carried out.
Along with the investigation, PSA will:
- review the conditions related to the actual status of the safety valves;
- map and assess safety-related conditions;
- describe the actual and potential consequences;
- assess the causes of the incident clarify responsibilities;
- use the necessary enforcement powers to correct possible breaches of the regulations before making the results of the investigation public.