Port of Long Beach announced that it's aiming to continue its leading actions in customer service, environmental stewardship, security and community partnership.
The Harbour Department periodically updates the Port’s Strategic Plan under the guidance of the Harbour Commission.
The Commissioners presented six strategic goals from the updated plan:
- Strengthen the Port’s competitive position through secure and efficient movement of cargo while providing outstanding customer service;
- Maintain financial strength and security of assets;
- Develop and maintain state-of-the-art infrastructure that enhances productivity and efficiency in goods movement;
- Improve the environment through sustainable practices and the reduction of environmental impacts from Port operations and development;
- Broaden community access to Port-related opportunities and economic benefits;
- Attract, develop and retain a diverse, high-performing workforce.
Tracy Egoscue, President of the Long Beach Board of Harbor Commissioners commented
This updated Strategic Plan will guide our team as we meet the challenges and opportunities ahead.