Competition authorities have now approved the merger of OSM Maritime Group and Thome Group. The merged company, OSM Thome, will be represented in 22 countries and headquartered in Arendal, Norway.
OSM Thome will handle the ship management for nearly 450 ships and will be responsible for crewing on about 550 additional ships. The integration process has been thoroughly planned and now, as the merger finally is approved, the work of joining the two organizations can begin.
Completion of the merger of the two companies was conditional upon approval from the competition and other relevant authorities and was anticipated since January, when the two companies made the announcement.
The starting point of this merger has been unique as the two companies already had so much in common such as Norwegian ownership, business philosophy, values and view of the future.
The integration process will be done in a fast and proper manner and in good dialogue with employees at the various offices. “It’s all about people” has been OSM’s mark for many years, and remains a core credo for the merged company.
It has recently been decided who will join CEO Finn Amund Norbye in the management group. A team of skilled, maritime experience will contribute to developing the business in a way that serves the customers, 2,000 employees onshore and our 29,000 seafarers.
We have built a company for the future, with safe, efficient and sustainable management of ships as our DNA. That will give added value for our customers and for our colleagues
…said CEO of OSM Thome, Finn Amund Nordbye.
The management group consists of:
- Finn Amund Norbye – Chief Executive Officer
- Olav Nortun – Chief Operating Officer – Ship Management business division
- Stig Morten Helland – Deputy Chief Operating Officer – Ship Management business division
- Tommy Olofsen – Chief Commercial Officer
- Julia Anastasiou – Chief Crew Management Officer
- Gautam Kashyap – Chief Marine Services Officer
- Constantinos Tzagotzides – Chief Accounting Officer
- Vassilis Malikides – Group Finance Director
- Jamie Morgan Ramsamy – Chief Digital Officer
- Kjell Ove Breivik – Chief Culture Officer
- Linda Hentsch – Global Head of Shore HR
- Mailyn Borillo – Managing Director, Philippines
- Morten Amundsen – Chief Legal Officer
Leave a Reply