According to PSA's statement, the objective of the audit was to follow up the company’s management of materials handling, to verify that the planning and execution of lifting operations comply with requirements, and to follow up the maintenance and condition of lifting equipment.
Moreover, the two non-conformities were identified in connection with:
- Compliance measurements of lifting equipment in the drilling area;
- The MOB boat forerunners were not designed in compliance with the manufacturer’s requirements.
In addition, improvement points were identified in connection with:
- Roles and responsibilities relating to logistics specialists;
- Pallet jacks in warehouse;
- Storage of MOB boat forerunners;
- Local procedure;
- Speakers in crane cabins.
Concluding, according to PSA, Equinor has been given a deadline of 15 February 2019 to report on how the non-conformities and improvement points will be managed.