The Nautical Institute Singapore Branch announced the confirmed speakers for its annual conference happening on 1 September 2022 at the Suntec City Convention Centre.
uest of Honour, Ms. Quah Ley Hoon, Chief Executive of Maritime Port Authority of Singapore (MPA), will deliver a speech at the conference. Capt André L. LeGoubin MNM MA FNI, President of The Nautical Institute and Mark Cameron, Chief Operating Officer, Ardmore Shipping Corporation will be giving respective keynote addresses.
With the theme, “Navigating Through the Digital Age: Towards a Green Future” delegates will be immersed in presentations and panel discussions that touch on the navigational practices used onboard modern ships and the challenges that will be faced in the future as technology develops.
The full-day conference is slated to host close to 200 shipping professionals from various sectors within the maritime industry. Attendees will be able to participate in four panel discussions with internationally recognised guests and industry leaders. The topics for the sessions are Navigation on the Modern Bridge, The Mariner and the Law, Shaping the Future Navigator (Gen Alpha), and Green Shipping (How Green is our Shipping).
Confirmed guest speakers and moderators include:
Session 1: Navigation on the Modern Bridge
[Moderator] Capt Vibhas Garg, Director, Global Head of Safety & Quality Wallem Group
- Jochen Rudolph, Managing Director, ChartWorld
- Jimmy Koh, Head of Pilotage and Digital Transformation, PSA Marine
- Capt Ross Millar, Loss Prevention Associate, Steamship Mutual
- Capt Nanjappa Moodera, General Manager, Mitsui O.S.K. Lines, Ltd
Session 2: The Mariner and the Law
[Moderator] Toby Stephens, Partner, HFW Consulting
- Capt Ian MacLean, Deputy Head of Singapore Office (Partner and Master Mariner), Hill Dickinson
Session 3: Shaping the Future Navigator
[Moderator] Capt. Kunal Nakra, Deputy Director, Transport Safety Investigation Bureau MOT Singapore
- Capt Vikrant Malhotra, Managing Director, Anglo-Eastern Group
- Andrew Ward, Regional Sales Manager, Ocean Technologies Group
- Bhaskar Nigam, Head of Loss Prevention, Singapore, The Shipowners’ Club
Session 4: How Green is our Shipping
[Moderator] Capt Hari Subramaniam, Regional Head, Shipowners Club
- Susana Germino, Head of Decarbonisation and Environmental Compliance, Swire Shipping
- Capt Saunak Rai, General Manager, FueLNG
- Ben Chng, Managing Director APAC, Wärtsilä Voyage
Capt. Yves Vandenborn FNI, Honorary President of The Nautical Institute (Singapore) said:
We are honoured to have an established array of industry experts come onboard as speakers and moderators at our conference this year. We hope that our delegates will leave the conference well informed and more aware of the future of shipping. The aim is for The Nautical Institute Singapore Conference to act as a platform to represent professional views on maintaining the safety and efficiency of shipping operations globally