The Maritime and Port Authority of Singapore (MPA Singapore) informs that they will test autonomous underwater vehicle off St John’s Island, urging vessels sailing in the area to be extra cautious.
Accordingly, the trial period will be from 2 to 12 March 2021. In addition, it is informed that a workboat will deploy and recover the AUV. A safety boat will be in attendance at all times to warn and re-direct craft in the vicinity to keep clear of the working area.
The working areas will be from 0900 hours to 1800 hours daily.
In light of the test that is to be conducted, MPA notes that when in the vicinity of the working area, mariners are reminded to:
- Keep well clear and not to enter the working area;
- Maintain a proper lookout;
- Proceed at a safe speed and navigate with caution;
- Maintain a listening watch on VHF Channel 68 (West Control);
- Communicate with West Control on VHF Channel 68 for assistance, if required.
Concluding, for more information you may click on the circular herebelow