In an effort to reduce the COVID-19 spread, MPA Singapore updated its requirements for vessels arriving in the port.
o remind, shipowners, agents and masters arriving in the Port of Singapore are reminded of their responsibility to implement and comply with all prevailing reminded of their responsibility to implement and comply with all prevailing requirements and measures of the Singapore authorities toreduce the risk of COVID-19 transmission in Singapore, in particular safe management measures directly applicable tovessels in the Port of Singapore.
In fact, they must ensure that all operations (e.g. cargo operations, bunkering, ship’s supplies and stores, and other marine services) are carried out contactlessor contactless with segregation protocol.
- Contactless operation: means no boarding of the vessel by any person other than MPA-licensed harbour pilots, authorised government officers, and persons approved by the Port Master of the Maritime and Port Authority of Singapore.
- Contactless operation: with segregation protocol means that enhanced safe management measures must be implemented to minimise interaction between THE vessel’s crew and shore-based personnel.
- Wear a mask at all times (unless the work activity requires that no mask be worn)
- As far as is reasonably practicable, keep a distance of at least one metre apart from each other
- Take and record temperature twice daily
- Observe good personal hygiene by washing hands regularly and refrain from touching face
- Maintain good hygiene in the vessel’s accommodation areas by cleaning frequently touched surfaces (e.g. desk, chart tables, dining tables, bridge/engine room consoles, door handles, handholds, switches, telephones/VHF handsets, faucets).