Specifically, the dredging operations will take place from May 31 to November 30 2019.
The dredging operations will be conducted by grab dredgers, supported by hopper barges and pusher tugs. The grab dredger will be held in position by spuds-system within the working area.
The schedule for the working areas, is as follows:
In the meantime, the Authority has deployed a safety boat to warn the other crafts in the vicinity of the working area.
In addition, MPA alerts mariners, when in vicinity of the working area, to:
- Keep well clear of the working area;
- Maintain a proper lookout;
- Proceed at a safe speed and to navigate with caution;
- Maintain a listening watch on VHF Channel 22 (Jurong Control); and
- Communicate with Jurong Control on VHF Channel 22 for assistance, if required.
For more information, you may click on the PDF herebelow