Specifically, the working period is to have effect from June 11 to December 10, 2019. The construction operations will be conducting 24 hours a day, including Sundays and Public Holidays.
The crane barge will place the silt curtains, whereas tug boats will be used to assist the positioning of the crane barge during the installation work. Upon completion of the silt curtains installation, construction of new outfall structure and cofferdam with sheet piles will be carried out by a vibroexcavator.
The Authority has deployed safety boats in the vicinity to, on the one hand, warn other craft of the work, and on the other hand, to warn other craft in the vicinity of the working area.
The MPA Singapore alert mariners, when in the vicinity of the working area to:
- Keep well clear and not to enter the working area;
- Maintain a proper lookout;
- Proceed at a safe speed and navigate with caution;
- Maintain a listening watch on VHF Channel 12 (East Control);
- Communicate with East Control on VHF Channel 12 for assistance, if required.
For more information, you may click on the PDF herebelow