MPA Singapore released a new circular on the enhancement to their crew change requirements, in order to safeguard the wellbeing of seafarers undergoing crew change in Singapore.
s informed, the new requirements which kick in from 4 October 2021 will include:
- A new streamlined application process which will replace the current online form portal
- Online application form
What is more, the Singapore Shipping Tripartite Alliance Resilience Fund Taskforce (SFTF) has developed a CrewSafe audit programme that endeavours to assist crew source nations to bring a higher level of confidence and quality control checks into crew change processes such as quarantine/holding, medical and swabbing facilities. Following the situation, MPA will consider the following circumstances related to crew change for applications:
- crew whose employment contract has expired;
- additional crew on board whose sign-off would not affect the safe manning of the ship;
- change of crew due to the sale or purchase of ship;
- personnel who are not part of the ship’s crew such as superintendents and service engineers;
- compassionate grounds e.g. death of family member; or
- the crew is no longer medically fit to work onboard the ship.