The Authority has deployed a specific number of crafts that will be responsible on maintaining the area's safety, by using local and international day and night signals.
Mainly, the operations will involve soil investigation, dredging and cable laying works.
The works will involve soil investigation, dredging and cable laying works. The cable laying works will be carried out by a Cable Laying Barge (CLB). The CLB will be moored on pre-installed anchor points within the working area. Denman Shoal Buoy and Senoko “A” Buoy will be temporary removed during the working period.
A safety boat will be deployed to warn other craft in the vicinity of the working area.
Concluding, when in vicinity of the working area, MPA Singapore proposes mariners to:
- Keep well clear and not to enter the working area;
- Maintain a proper lookout;
- Proceed at a safe speed and navigate with caution;
- Maintain a listening watch on VHF Channel 21 (Sembawang Control);
- Communicate with Sembawang Control on VHF Channel 21 for assistance, if required.
For additional information, you may click on the PDF herebelow