- From 1999-2019, the inspection activity in the region has increased from 4,949 to 5,943 inspections
- Out of the 5,943 inspections, 2,852 inspections had deficiencies and the total numbers of deficiencies were 10,960.
- Serious deficiencies led to the detention of 232 ships and needed to be rectified prior to the ships' departure; the overall detention percentage for the year was 3.9%, decreased from 4.42 % in 2018.
- There was increase in total number of inspections in 2019, compared with those in 2018.
- The average number of deficiencies per inspection in 2019 (1.84) has slightly decreased compared to the previous year (2.07).
The information represents the port State control activities of Australia, Bangladesh, Comoros, France, India, Iran, Kenya, Madagascar, Myanmar, Maldives, Mauritius, Oman, Seychelles, South Africa, Sudan, Tanzania and Yemen.
Percentage of Detention per Ship Type
Percentage of Detention per Flag
Deficiency Percentage by Categories
Explore more herebelow: