The Autonomous Operator of Parisian Transports, commonly known as Régie Autonome des Transports Parisiens, RATP, is based on Green Issuers collaboration and is committed to upholding and developing sustainable finance as a critical tool to fight climate change and to foster a more sustainable and responsible society.
Moreover, the founding companies wish to expand the commitments sealed under the Paris Green Bond Pledge in 2017, and aim to contribute towards a more sustainable financial market, as green and sustainable bonds and loans, credit facilities as well as other sustainable financing tools recognizing the sustainability of their issuers’ business model.
The Forum regards sustainable finance instruments as efficient market-based tools that allocate the economic resources where they are most needed, particularly to low-carbon and sustainable investments, which are central to the members’ corporate strategies.
The aims of 'The Forum' are:
- Integrate the notion of sustainability in the financial strategies of our respective companies;
- Collaborate with investors to spur the development of a more sustainable economy through innovative financing instruments;
- Increase corporate presence in international and national forums shaping the development of sustainable finance markets;
- Actively participate in the processes setting the future standards and regulatory frameworks for sustainable finance instruments;
- Leverage on mutual expertise and promote best practices on impact reporting;
- Discuss with rating agencies about more-deeply integrating SRI criteria in the assessment of companies’ long term financial sustainability.
The Forum is an opportunity to put business at the forefront of the low carbon and sustainability transition.
Finally, the sixteen European companies embodying 'The Forum' are EDF, EDP, ENEL, ENGIE, Ferrovie Dello Stato Italiane, Iberdrola, Icade, Ørsted, RATP, SNCF Réseau, Société du Grand Paris, SSE, Tennet, Terna, Tideway, Vasakronan.