The bars show a dataset including numbers of:
- occurrences reported in EMCIP under the scope of Directive 2009/18/EC;
- launched investigations (ongoing and finished);
- lives lost;
- ships sunk;
- people injured;
- ships involved and,
- very serious casualties.
Highlights Q2 2018
- For the second quarter of 2018, there was a total of 639 incidents reported, compared to 704 in the previous quarter and to 836 in Q2 2017.
- Q2 2018 saw a slight increase in lives lost, as 13 people were killed in marine casualties, compared to 12 in Q1 2018 and 16 in Q2 2017.
- 11 ships sank, compared to 12 in Q1 2018 and 8 in Q2 2017.
- 229 people were injured, compared to 186 in the previous quarter and 278 in Q2 2017.