The subject of this tender entails the design, construction and operation of (the Project):
- Procurement of a floating storage and regasification unit (FSRU), of at least 125,000m3 storage capacity, to unload LNG from LNG carriers ranging in size from 120,000m3 to 217,000m3 (Q-Flex);
- Construction of offshore infrastructure for the permanent berthing of the FSRU;
- Onshore natural gas infrastructure and related construction components for gas delivery to the Vasilikos power station and potentially other gas consumers.
Cyprus could finally award the contract for the construction of the FSRU infrastructure as it plans to close its several times extended tender in July.
DEFA issued the Request for Expressions of Interest (RfEoI) on June 4, whereas the deadline for receipt of Tenders or Application Forms is open until September 6, 2019.
Specifically, DEFA informs that those interested in responding to this Request for Expressions of Interest have to fulfil several pre-qualification requirements in order to be added to DEFA’s list of pre-qualified LNG suppliers.
DEFA intends to procure its LNG requirements through a combination of:
- Medium and long-term supply via one or more LNG Sales and Purchase Agreements (SPAs);
- Supplemental cargoes via multiple Master Sales Agreements (MSAs) and a bidding process.
In the meantime, Cyprus Employees and Industrialists Federation announced that on Friday, June 14, will meet with the Board of Directors of DEFA to inform about the tender that runs for the construction of FSRU infrastructure in Vasilikos Bay, near Limassol, and for the call for expressions of interest to interested liquefied gas importers.