Even if life onboard a ship is quite different from life ashore, there are some activities you can integrate to your routine to feel more connected with your mates or yourself:
- Play board games: Cards, chess, billiard, backgammon are available choices for relaxing time with others.
- Arrange a sports day: What is better for mood and body than a Sunday basketball game with your mates?
- Play Ping-Pong: We love social sports that keep our brain sharp. Plus benefit: It improves reflexes.
- Sing karaoke: Did you know that karaoke activates emotional and psychological neurons of your brain?
- Watch films and sports games: Watching a film with others multiplies its value and provokes all kinds of emotions.
- Listen to music: Quite simple to do, but it elevates mood, removes anxiety and makes you happier.
- Arrange a get-together-event: A party is the perfect chance for interacting free of everyday stress.
- Play video games: A shared activity with multiple cognitive and team bonding benefits.
- Go to the gym: With company or not, some exercise reduces depression and improves sense of wellbeing.