California Governor Brown signed into law AB 1312 amending the state’s Marine Invasive Species Act. The State Lands Commission (SLC) issued a letter summarizing the measure, which takes effect on 1 January 2016.
This bill would define the term “port” for purposes of the act to mean any port or place in which a vessel was, is, or will be anchored or moored, or where a vessel will transfer cargo. The act requires the master, owner, operator, agent, or person in charge of a vessel carrying, or capable of carrying, ballast water, that visits a California port, to provide specified information in electronic or written form to the commission upon the vessel’s departure from each California port of call. This bill would instead require that the above information be provided to the commission at least 24 hours before the vessel arrives at that California port or, if a vessel’s voyage is les
California State Lands Commission has issued a letter to explain the new law
- Delay implementation of California’s interim ballast water discharge performance standards. The new implementation date is as follows: newly built vessels – first arrival on or after January 1, 2020 / existing vessels – first dry docking on or after January 1, 2020
- Delay implementation of California’s final ballast water discharge performance standard until January 1, 2030
- Extend until January 1, 2020, the deadline for vessels to apply for use of an experimental ballast water treatment system.
- Authorize the Commission to enforce vessel biofouling management requirements and assess vessel compliance with biofouling management requirements. This includes the authority to inspect vessels for compliance with biofouling management regulations
- Change the deadline for submitting Ballast Water Reporting Forms to 24 hours in advance of arrival at a California port
- Require all vessels that arrive at a California port or place with an installed ballast water treatment system to follow relevant reporting requirements and
- make several statutory clarifications that can be referenced by viewing the bill or by contacting the Commission’s Marine Invasive Species Program
In the starting, I was open with you propecia before and after has changed my being. It has become much more fun, and now I have to run. Just as it is fabulous to sit.