The Bahamas Maritime Authority revised Information Bulletin No. 108 regarding Flag State Endorsement.
The Bulletin outlines the Bahamas requirements for a Flag State Endorsement (FSE) that is required in accordance with the provisions of STCW Regulation I/10, and the procedures for obtaining a Bahamas Flag State Endorsement.
The revision pertains to the following:
- removal of STCW FSE for Offshore certification
- inclusion of fast track provisions
- re- enforcement of preference to use BORIS
- reference to BMA contact details on website
- clarification on payment for correction of documents
- inclusion of responsibility of Company and seafarer to verify details on documents
- clarification on validity period of FSE where national certificate exceeds 5 years
Source: The Bahamas Maritime Authority
Click here below to read the bulletin