AMSA announced the launch of a new Focused Inspection Campaign (FIC) on tender vessel safety requirements for domestic commercial vessels over the period 1 October 2022 to 30 May 2023.
he FIC will consist of inspections targeting safety requirements including safety equipment, certificates of operation, safety management systems, and UVI’s.
As explained, marine inspectors will undertake these inspections in conjunction with normal Domestic Commercial Vessel (DCV) inspections or as a standalone inspection. Where an inspector finds a deficiency in relation to the checklist, the inspector will discuss this with the person in charge of the DCV with a view to ensuring the vessel is brought into compliance. The results of the FIC will be analysed following the end of the campaign.
Namely, the inspections will focus on the following items:
- If the tender carries the required safety equipment
- If the tender is marked with UVI or equivalent
- If there is evidence of qualifications for driving tender
- If there is evidence of communication between tender and mothership
- If there is any deficiency recorded
- If there is any national law notice issued