According to Miami Herald, 3.877 people were allowed to leave the cruise ship in Miami without passing the appropriate medical screening procedures or quarantine measures.

In fact, on 8 March, the former passenger departed the cruise vessel in Miami and traveled to Canada.

The Public Health Agency of Canada told MSC Cruises that this individual was positive for COVID-19.

Although, the MSC Meraviglia was already sailing with 100 of the same passengers from the previous voyage onboard and additional new guests.

Moreover, the company set under quarantine seven crewmembers that had contacted the known coronavirus case, while informed the current passengers of the situation.

However, the vessel's owner did not hold the ship at sea until further testing was performed, as it docked in Port of Miami on 15 March.

"When I say there was no check, there was none whatsoever. I expected us to have some kind of a screening. They didn’t do a single thing. We walked straight off the ship. There wasn’t any check on anyone for anything"... said a passenger on the MSC Meraviglia to the Miami Herald.

At the same time, MSC Cruises spokeswoman told the Herald that the company had been closely collaborated with the port, the CDC and Canadian health authorities and that it had followed all appropriate health protocols.

"MSC Meraviglia received clearance after health authorities reviewed all the necessary documentation regarding the health of passengers and crew on board today and throughout the cruise" she noted.

Concluding, the cruise company recently informed that following the coronavirus outbreak, is suspending all U.S.-based ship operations until April 30.